We call upon the Members of the European Parliament to sign our Manifesto and become a “Child Rights Champion”
- Around 100 million children live in the European Union. And children make up half the population developing countries.
- Their lives are affected daily by EU policies, law-making and actions.
- All EU Member States signed the UN Child Rights Convention (UNCRC) and therefore have to promote, protect and fulfill the rights of every child within their borders.
- The Lisbon Treaty makes the promotion of children’s rights an explicit objective for the European Union.
- And the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights requires that the best interests of the child is a primary consideration in all EU action.
As a Member of the European Parliament: Make a commitment and become a Child Rights Champion!
For those MEPs who have already signed the Manifesto, it is now time to translate these commitments into concrete results for children!